Sunday, September 11, 2011

Roadside Monument's

Along the highway on the Big Island of Hawaii, to the town of Waikoloa are lava

rocks used by visitors to inscribed their names as vacationers to the island.These

rock memorials stands as a monument to them. When I think of the highway memorials,

am reminded of the Hebrews children's journey. In Hebrews chapter 11, it lists some

of those hardy souls--- Gideon,Barak,Samson,Jephthah,David,and Samuel,to name a few.

But there are other more recent pilgrims:my mother,my father in-law,my fifth-grade

school teacher,my brothers,my old pastors,my friends mother,my mentor and god father,

my god sister,and a host of others I could name.They may not have inscrbed their

names on rocks,or on the roadside of life,but they're written in our memory.The

author of Hebrews reminds us to remember "pilgrims" who have gone before us ,

especially those "who have spoken the Word of God to us and to consider "the outcome

of their conduct" (Hebrews C-13:v7).And ,most important,he encourages us to follow

their faith. Lord,help us live a godly life of faith and love and purity so those who

follow what we do will grow in their maturity.

No comments:

Post a Comment